Recertification is an important process that ensures that flight paramedics maintain their knowledge and skills to provide high-quality care.
In order to maintain their certification, flight paramedics are required to complete periodic recertification training. The IMPACTEMS FP-C® 100-Hour Recertification course is a program designed to help flight paramedics meet the recertification requirements of their certification.
IA MED’s FP-C® 100-Hour Recertification course covers a wide range of topics related to flight medicine and critical care. These include advanced airway, advanced pharmacology, aviation physiology, and emergency medical procedures specific to the in-flight and critical care transport environments.
The IBSC Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C®) needs to be renewed every four years through additional continuing education or retesting. You are required to have 100-hours for your renwal of your certification.
On-Demand Flight Paramedic Review Course
When looking for a test preparation course for your FP-C® or CCP-C®, it’s important to ensure that the course is accredited and meets the requirements for recertification set by your certifying organization. IMPACTEMS’S Flight Medical Provider™ course is accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Education (CAPCE) and California’s Board of Registered Nursing (CABRN).
IA MED makes the test preparation process simple, with easy to follow online learning modules that allow you to prepare for the review test at your own pace.
It’s also a good idea to ask for recommendations from colleagues or to check with professional organizations for recommendations on reputable courses. Just see our 8,582 students and growing that have used IA MED to grow their career and stay in the know.
FP-C® and CCP-C® Certification Renewal
ImpactEMS offers critical care transport education as part of the Flight Paramedic recertification course for Flight Paramedics.
Benefits of using IMPACTEMS:
- Accreditation: ImpactEMS is accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Education (CAPCE) and California’s Board of Registered Nursing (CABRN). This can give you confidence that you are receiving a high-quality review course that will help you pass your exam.
- Convenience: ImpactEMS offers a range of online courses that can be completed at your own pace, which is more convenient than attending in-person workshops or seminars.
- Expertise:ImpactEMS’s courses are developed and taught by subject matter experts who have a deep understanding of the material. This can provide you with valuable insights and practical skills that you can apply in your practice.
- Support: ImpactEMS provides support to students throughout their courses, including access to instructors and other resources. This can be particularly helpful if you have questions or need assistance while completing the course.
Eligibility Needed To Get Certified
To be eligible to take the FP-C® exam, flight paramedics must typically meet certain prerequisites. You are required to have a current certification as a paramedic to be eligible to take the exam.To obtain a job as a flight paramedic most agencies require a minimum of three years of experience.
CE Definition For FP-C®
The International Board for Specialty Certification (IBSC) requires flight paramedics to obtain 100-hours of continuing education over the four (4) year recertification cycle.
Continuing education is an important part of the professional development of flight paramedics. It helps to ensure that they maintain their knowledge and skills in order to provide high-quality care to patients during air transport.
There are several reasons why continuing education is important for flight paramedics:
- Regulatory requirements: Many states and professional organizations have requirements for continuing education as a condition of licensure or certification. These requirements help to ensure that flight paramedics have the necessary knowledge and skills to practice safely and effectively.
- Patient safety: Continuing education helps flight paramedics stay up-to-date on the latest advances in medical care and emergency response, which can improve patient outcomes.
- Professional development: Continuing education can help flight paramedics learn new skills and knowledge that can benefit their practice, as well as provide opportunities for career advancement.
- Quality improvement: Continuing education can help flight paramedics identify areas for improvement in their practice and implement evidence-based practices, which can lead to better patient care.
FP-C® Recertification Accredited by IBSC
The International Board for Specialty Certification (IBSC) is a professional organization that offers advanced certifications for healthcare professionals in a variety of specialties, including the Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C®). The Flight Medical Provider™ program offered by IA MED is an approved review course by the IBSC, meaning that it meets certain standards for quality and content, and has been deemed acceptable for use in the FP-C® initial certification and recertification process.
FP-C® Recertification Accredited by CA Board of Registered Nursing
ImpactEMS’s FP-C® review course is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Accreditation by the BRN means that the program meets certain standards for quality and content, and has been deemed acceptable for use in the FP-C® certification process from The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN®).
FP-C® Recertification Accredited by CAPCE
ImpactEMS’s FP-C® recertification program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE). CAPCE is a professional organization that accredits continuing education programs for emergency medical services (EMS) professionals, including flight paramedics.